Friday, September 11, 2009

Muscle pain relieved by manganese or selenium

I am prone to sharp muscle pains which are relieved by taking selenium (usually taken as either sodium selenite or sodium selenate), and which I therefore assume are symptomatic of selenium deficiency; and different (not so sharp) muscle pains which are relieved by taking manganese (taken as manganee amino acid chelate). When taken in sufficient quantity, relief follows within minutes in each case. Does anyone else have any experience, or insights, regarding this, or ideas as to complementary, or aggravating, factors? Based on my own observations, I conclude that the failure to timely get these nutrients, in my case, leads to apparent neurological degeneration of motor neurons, followed by atrophy of the muscle. I also take vitamin E (mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols) and ubiquinol, which I believe to be also helpful,though not specific antidotes for the muscle pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment